Bart is an enthusiastic, fast-learning team-player eager to learn and develop new technologies. Bart’s broad interests lie in the fields where business meets technology, such as BPM, BI and BIS. Bart likes to work in international, research-oriented environments with relations to practical applications and implementation. In his spare time Bart likes to ride my motorcycle and play motoball.
|External links:||Personal home page
Google scholar page
- Bart Hompes and Marcus Dees won the “BPM Innovation award” at BPM 2022 - On September 14th, Bart Hompes and Marcus Dees won the “BPM Innovation award” with their submission “Detecting and mitigating the event log mutability problem at UWV (Uitvoeringsinstuut Werknemersverzekering)” to the Industry Forum at the BPM 2022 conference in Münster, Germany. Congratulations to Bart and Marcus!
- Context-Aware Performance Analysis - Download as PPTX
- Optimizing Healthcare Workflows - Download as PPTX
- RISE BPM - “Propelling Business Process Management by Research and Innovation Staff Exchange” Description RISE_BPM is the first favourably evaluated project proposal submitted by the University of Münster in cooperation with ERCIS partners within the Horizon 2020 EU funding programme. The RISE_BPM project is aimed at networking world-leading research institutions and corporate innovators to develop new horizons for Read More ...
- Philips Flagship - Description The Data Science Centre Eindhoven (DSC/e) is TU/e’s response to the growing volume and importance of data and the need for data & process scientists (http://www.tue.nl/dsce/). The DSC/e has recently started a long-term strategic cooperation with Philips Research Eindhoven on three topics: data science, health and lighting. As a first concrete action, 70 PhD Read More ...
- Using process analytics to improve healthcare processes - Hompes, B., Dixit, P., & Buijs, J. (2019). Using process analytics to improve healthcare processes. In S. Consoli, D. Reforgiato Recupero, & M. Petković (Eds.), Data Science for Healthcare: Methodologies and Applications (pp. 305-325). Cham: Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05249-2_12 Abstract Healthcare processes are inherently complex as each patient is unique and medical staff deviate from protocols, often Read More ...
- Lifecycle-Based Process Performance Analysis - Hompes, Bart F.A. & van der Aalst, Wil M.P. (2018). Lifecycle-Based Process Performance Analysis. In Dumitru Roman, Henderik A. Proper, Robert Meersman, Hervé Panetto, Christophe Debruyne & Claudio Agostino Ardagna (Eds.), On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems. OTM 2018 Conferences – Confederated International Conferences (pp. 336-353). (Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Read More ...
- Publications in 2017 - Article Scientific peer reviewed Arriagada-Benítez, M., Sepúlveda, M., Munoz-Gama, J. & Buijs, J.C.A.M. (2017). Strategies to automatically derive a process model from a configurable process model based on event data. Applied Sciences, 7(10):1023. Bolt, A., de Leoni, M. & van der Aalst, W.M.P. (2017). Process variant comparison: using event logs to detect differences in behavior Read More ...
- Publications in 2016 - Article Scientific peer reviewed Van Der Aa, Han, Leopold, H. & Reijers, H.A. (2016). Dealing with behavioral ambiguity in textual process descriptions. Lecture notes in computer science, 9850, 271-288. Scopus. van der Aa, J.H., Reijers, H.A. & Vanderfeesten, I.T.P. (2016). Designing like a pro : the automated composition of workflow activities. Computers in Industry, 75, Read More ...