- Hoekenrode 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Region: EMEA – Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Employee Type: Intern (fixed time)
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We’re growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers’ and employees’ lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
We’ve created internships for students, and they’re anything but ordinary. We know a career is a journey, and it starts with exposure to real work. At ServiceNow, you’ll be given responsibilities that help us build our company to make it even greater.
Who are we?
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service orientation toward the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Why work @ ServiceNow?
Here’s what our “Class of 2020” has to say about working at ServiceNow:
- Managers aren’t just leaders, they are mentors.
- We learn how to handle situations not necessarily related to work.
- ServiceNow has the fast pace of a startup, but the stability of a bigger company.
- There is plenty of room to grow for go-getters & high achievers!
As an intern in the Process optimization team, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting technologies on big event logs of processes where the process performance and resource behavior matter.
ServiceNow develops a platform for managing digital workflows. This platform has a process optimization component that serves for detecting process inefficiencies, such as bottlenecks, analyzing their root causes, and helping to improve the processes. Currently, this component addresses the optimization problems of a process assuming its execution in isolation, i.e., as if no other processes affect the process of interest execution. However, there are cases when this assumption does not hold. For example, in the HR onboarding process, the progress of a new hire is affected by the performance of other processes such as their security check, laptop delivery, and so on. As a result, considering the new hire progress in isolation cannot reveal problems in the related processes, and as a result, cannot help to improve them. There exist more business cases for the analysis of multiple processes together, but little information is available since it is the emerging field of process science without many existing works.
To fill this knowledge gap, this internship aims to collect most typical business cases for the analysis of multiple interacting processes together, and formulate them in the form of user stories in the product backlog. For that, the following activities are to be done:
- getting to know the HR onboarding and IT Service Management (ITSM) processes,
- getting hands-on experience with ServiceNow platform and its process optimization component through the analysis of datasets recorded from real HR onboarding and/or ITSM processes, by applying data-driven discovery and interpretation of busines process models that include different process dimensions, rule-based compliance checking, and ML-based techniques for root cause analysis,
- interviewing process optimization product managers for a deeper understanding of the process optimization needs of HR onboarding and ITSM process stakeholders,
- participating in the daily team standups and other activities for learning process optimization component capabilities, limitations, and developing features,
- presenting intermediate and final findings to the team.
What you should know before you get here:
- working towards a MS in a related field,
- coursework in process mining,
- coursework in relational or graph database concepts,
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- be a self-starter and possess a strong sense of self-motivation,
- hands-on exposure via academic or professional/internship experience with a programming language, preferably Java.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.